The Virtual Seed
Funded by the ERA-NET Plant Genomics (ERA-NET PG) consortium, vSEED is a three year project working toward a mathematical model of a germinating Arabidopsis seed. ERA-Net PG is a collaborative network composed of European ministries, funding organizations, and national research councils with research programs in the area of plant genomics (www.erapg.org).
The network currently includes 23 partners in 17 European countries. The Virtual Seed Web Resource contains web-based tools for analysis of gene expression occurring during seed maturation, dormancy and germination.
For more information, see the vSeed website.
- Michael J. Holdsworth 2011 Homeostatic response to hypoxia is regulated by the N-end rule pathway in plants Nature 479 (7373), 415-418 , , , , , , , , , &
- S.P. Pearce#, J.R. King & M.J. Holdsworth 2011 Axisymmetric indentation of curved elastic membranes by a convex rigid indenter International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics 46 (9), 1128-1138
- Michael J. Holdsworth & 2011 Functional Network Construction in Arabidopsis Using Rule-Based Machine Learning on Large-Scale Data Sets The Plant Cell Online 23 (9), 3101-3116 , , ,
- Jamie Twycross, , , , , Natalio Krasnogor, , Michael Holdsworth, , & 2011 A thermodynamic switch modulates abscisic acid receptor sensitivity The EMBO Journal 30 (20), 4171-4184 , , ,
- Natalio Krasnogor, , Michael J. Holdsworth & 2011 Genome-wide network model capturing seed germination reveals coordinated regulation of plant cellular phase transitions Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 108 (23), 9709-9714 , , , , ,
- Michael J. Holdsworth & 2011 Seed Bioinformatics . ,
- John King 2009 Towards a systems biology approach to understanding seed dormancy and germination Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 276 (1673), 3561-3569 &
- Tara J. Holman*, , , , Susana Úbeda Tomás, , , , , , , , & Michael J. Holdsworth 2009 The N-end rule pathway promotes seed germination and establishment through removal of ABA sensitivity in Arabidopsis Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 106 (11), 4549-4554
- Daniela Dietrich, , , , , , & Michael J. Holdsworth 2009 Mutations in the Arabidopsis Peroxisomal ABC Transporter COMATOSE Allow Differentiation between Multiple Functions In Planta: Insights from an Allelic Series Molecular Biology of the Cell 20 (1), 530-543
- Michael J. Holdsworth#, & 2008 Molecular networks regulating Arabidopsis seed maturation, after-ripening, dormancy and germination New Phytologist 179 (1), 33–54
- Tara Holman*, , Daniela Dietrich, , & Michael J. Holdsworth 2008 Seed after-ripening is a discrete developmental pathway associated with specific gene networks in Arabidopsis The Plant Journal 53 (2), 214–224 ,
- Michael J. Holdsworth, , & 2008 Post-genomics dissection of seed dormancy and germination Trends in Plant Science 13 (1), 7-13